First day back on the job
Today's Mood: stressed, with a little helping of excitement on the side. (why? read blog entry below.)
Singing to...When You Believe (from The Prince of Egypt) - Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston; Hero - Mariah Carey.
Today was my first day back on the job at the local literacy centre! I worked there last year, via the university work-study program, as an office assistant and discovered a whole new world of opportunities! The literacy centre is a United Way non-profit org that serves the community, especially those families that are low-income/welfare or lack resources to equip their children with reading skills. I had the chance to see first-hand, one-on-one tutoring, and chat with co-workers who teach adult upgrading. This year, I get to experience the family literacy sideas well, so a bit of both worlds! This work experience is most definitely a God-given opportunity to explore and discover more of what my passions can involve. Teaching, children, families, community, literacy, social work, office administration, client relations/customer service...those are just some words that describe my passions and the work/career I want to pursue. :) Heads up on jobs that fit that type of description and let me know! (he he...I just had to put that job pitch in there, since I'm hoping to be working by this time next year. So why not get the most out of networking?)
Singing to...When You Believe (from The Prince of Egypt) - Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston; Hero - Mariah Carey.
Today was my first day back on the job at the local literacy centre! I worked there last year, via the university work-study program, as an office assistant and discovered a whole new world of opportunities! The literacy centre is a United Way non-profit org that serves the community, especially those families that are low-income/welfare or lack resources to equip their children with reading skills. I had the chance to see first-hand, one-on-one tutoring, and chat with co-workers who teach adult upgrading. This year, I get to experience the family literacy sideas well, so a bit of both worlds! This work experience is most definitely a God-given opportunity to explore and discover more of what my passions can involve. Teaching, children, families, community, literacy, social work, office administration, client relations/customer service...those are just some words that describe my passions and the work/career I want to pursue. :) Heads up on jobs that fit that type of description and let me know! (he he...I just had to put that job pitch in there, since I'm hoping to be working by this time next year. So why not get the most out of networking?)
